Wednesday, August 20, 2014

WE SPENT ABOUT 2 HOURS THERE JUST SITTING AND TALKING WITH PRESIDENT AND SISTER EVANS AND ELDER AND SISTER DYCHES. IT WAS JUST AMAZING TO SIT BACK AND LEARN FROM THESE PEOPLE.

heia!

Well I only have limited time today so I am going to cut to the chase.  Elder Dyches was amazing.

Elder H and I got to spend a ton of time with him on the road and in meetings as well as just being with him during personal time. So I will just try and pick out some of my favorite things to tell you.

We got to have dinner with him at a restaurant in Bergen, it was called Bryggenaften. It was super nice and super old.  The building dates back to the 1600's and is literally right on the water there in bergen.  We had the best food!  We had Moose and whale and steak and caviar and all sorts of stuff.  It really was just amazing.  We spent about 2 hours there just sitting and talking with President and Sister Evans and Elder and Sister Dyches.  So it was just amazing to sit back and learn from these people.

The meetings were great too. We did not need to do anything for them, we just got to be there and listen. So it was awesome to hear that and get to learn from them all that time.

But the whole experience took quite a bit of time.  We were with him all day wednesday, thursday, and most of the day friday.  Then after that we went to Drammen and had a missionary preparation course that we taught to all the youth in Norway.  So that was special.  I got to see a lot of old faces, among the which was Jørgen from Bergen and President Berg!  I loved getting to see both of them!

We got to meet with our investigators.  S had good news about the cancer, she does not have to undergo chemo, it will just be radiation. So she was very happy when we got there. the lesson went great with them as well.  They are quickly becoming some of my favorite people. I got to drink some more Mate with A as well, so it was a nice visit.

We are still working with J.A..  We have one more week to really get him ready.  There have been plenty of challenges and we are going to be working as hard as ever this week to make this happen.  We will see though.

Life is so good, I have never been more happy of tired.  I love it!

Jeg elsker deg så mye!

Eldste Jones

PS  Sorry to hear that!  That sounds like no fun!

Grammy sent me an email last week telling me about your back and how you are having problems with it!  I hope that you are feeling better!  I wish I was there to help as well, that is one of the things that is hard about being on the mission, not being able to help at home.

Anyways, right now Elder H and I are just writing home quickly. We are going to the chocolate factory on Wednesday so we are taking most of our p-day then.  I am super excited, I can order a bunch of chocolate there and have it sent home.  So you guys will get some of the best chocolate in the world when i come home!

This past week has been insane.  I have loved every second of it. It really has been such an awesome experience.  

let me know if you are still awake,

I love you!

Elder Jones 

No comments:

Post a Comment