Monday, February 11, 2013

I AM LEARNING A LOT. I LOVE PERSONAL STUDY.

Thanks so much! We usually walk and ride a tram thing called a bybanen.  We also take buses, I buy a card that works for all public transportation for a month.  The basement is basically one room that has a bunk bed, two desks, a couch, and cabinet with a stove and sink in it.  It is pretty nice, I really like it.    The family above us has 5 kids, 3 girls and 2 boys.  They are super musical and are always playing the piano or singing.  The mom is a professional singer, it is so amazing.  The father is a counseler in the stake presidency.  He is an absolutely amazing man, he came on a teach with us and was an absolute stud.  I love that family.  I will tell more about them later.  The prices seem about right, dirvers liscenses cost about 25000 kroner.  That is about 7 or 8 thousand dollars.  It can be pretty expensive depending what you get.  A whopper is like 50 or 60 kroner which is like 10 or 12 bucks.  The mission pays rent for us, they send the checks out.  

So some cool/funny stories.  

They fed us some of the best fish!  But when I walked in I saw the fish head on the cutting board and then they served the fish.  The fish still had all of the scales and bones on it.  They basically took out all of the guts and then boiled it.  It look super gross but was super good.  It was Cod, if you were wondering.

Then we also helped them move a piano.  I thought I was going to die like three times.  Carrying a standard upright piano across ice is not easy.  Then we had to go up the stairs in their house.  But their stairs were super narrow so only one person could fit on each end.  I ended up on the bottom.  The father was on the top end and eventually he got so tired that he couldn't lift it, so the mom had to climb up the banister to get to him to help pull.  Meanwhile I was stuck holding it on the bottom.  It doesn't sound so funny in the email, but it was awesome.  Loads of fun.

It is looking like we might have to move the baptism date, as he didn't come to Church on sunday.  We are still going to push for the 16th, but it will take a lot of work on his part.  We haven't been able to meet the Egyptian family again.  We actually have really been struggling to find new investigators.  Tons of potentials that we get, but it is tough to get them to an appointment.

That is all okay though, I am learning a lot.  I love personal study.

Anyways today has been really busy.  I have to go.  We climbed one of the seven mountains around bergen today, Fløyen.  It was absolutely beautiful!

Jeg elsker deg, and I am sorry the email was so short today!

Eldste jones

No comments:

Post a Comment