Monday, February 18, 2013

IT IS A POWERFUL THING TO BE ABLE TO SAY A PERSONAL PRAYER OUT LOUD.

Hei sann!

So glad to hear from you! That is so awesome to hear that you guys had a baptism in the Ward!!!!  I am so excited to hear that!  So sweet!

First things first, questions.  Unfortunately we didn't have any investigators to Church.  The baptism got postponed.  The work is going SO WELL!  And yes I have been kinda of sick here.  I have had a cough and a fever but nothing bad enough to keep me from working.  So that is the short version, but this week has been way better than any of that sounds.  So here it is.

A lot has happened here over the last week.  First thing, we had the Assistants to the President here on splits with us.  They are studs!  We got to go contacting with them for about 2 hours or so.  We ended up talking to this man.  He was really interesting had a lot of cool stories to share with us but we didn't really get to share a whole lot with him.  But we did get a return appointment with him, so that was awesome.  Then my companion and I taught him on Saturday for the return appointment.  It was so awesome, super good teach. We got him to recognize the spirit at one point of the lesson and even got a baptismal commitment with him!  So now we have two baptismal commitments!

Next we had Zone leader training.  It was really cool.  It was the first one I have had, and we did it all in Norwegian.  It was super cool to get to hear from the ZL's and hear how the mission is doing.  The biggest thing that I took out of it was that I cannot lose sight of my potential.  We are the Children of God and are promised everything that the Father has, so don't settle for anything less!  We were also given some time for personal prayers. It is such a powerful thing to be able to say a personal prayer out loud... I would suggest taking time to do it more often.  It is something that you don't get to do really on the mission but it is way beneficial.

Last big thing, out investigator missed his baptismal date.  He still has a big problem with reading from the book of Mormon and getting a answer to pray about Joseph Smith.  He has an illness called Chronic Fatigue Sickness that makes him tired all the time. So we are at the point of sending him a scripture a day to help him read something every day.  We reset his baptismal date for march 16.  So hopefully we could have two baptisms that day seeing as our other investigator's is the same day as well.

Other than that things have been really good.  Except I have had some very humbling experiences this week... all a direct result of Ice. In short I have slipped on Ice 3 times this week.  I made it 3 weeks in the Mission field with no incident.  Now I have 3 falls on record.

The family that live above us are still awesome.  They brought us pork chops the other night when we got home. I love that family so much.  They are all awesome.  Nothing but respect for every member of that family.  Jørgen, the 11 year old son, comes down at least a couple nights a week and hangs with us.  He is super cool, and he tells us about how he invites people to come to church like all the time. The kid is such a stud!

Other than that nothing much.  Last p-day we hiked up the Mountain Fløyen. I will attach some pictures of that.

Jeg elsker deg so mye!  

Eldste Jones






No comments:

Post a Comment