Monday, June 10, 2013

WE WERE ACTUALLY ASKED TO FOCUS ON MAKING THE HOLY GHOST THE SENIOR COMPANION. IT WAS A GOOD REMINDER IN THE SENSE THAT I AM JUST THE LORD'S HANDS HERE IN NARVIK.

Heia igjen!

It is so good to hear from you today!  Glad that things are going well.

That is way cool to hear that the mission is like Popo's.  I would imagine so, I am probably not too far from where he served now. The Branch thing is definitely something to get used to.  We had about 6 of us there again on Sunday, with the missionaries.  No investigators unfortunately. 

The past week has been pretty good, we had a lot of stuff going on.  But questions come first.  Senior companion: shortly said, it is stressful.  I feel like I am learning a lot everyday and that I am being pulled in the directions that I need to grow in.  I like it though, I feel like I get to do a lot for the Lord in both helping my companion as well as the members and investigators.  My favorite part is just sitting down and counseling with Elder M.  It is amazing to see the Holy Ghost enter our lives as we try and make him the senior companion.  We were actually just asked to really focus on that (making the Holy Ghost the senior companion) in zone conference.  It was a very good reminder to have in the sense that I am just the Lords hands here in Narvik.  I do what he tells me, now the trick is learning what he is telling me to do.  I have been struck this week in how important the H.G. is in every aspect of our lives.  I am trying harder and harder to learn what he is saying specifically.

The district consists of Narvik, Bodø, and Mo i Rana.  So a very large geographical area with almost no one living in it haha.  The DL works in Bodø and his name is Elder Morris.  The Mo i Rana area is worked by sisters (ironically one of them being Sister Morris, no relation). The zone goes from Trondheim to the top of Norway, the biggest geographically, the smallest by far numerically, both in number of missionaries and in number of people.

So things we did in the last week.  First, I visited Trondheim!  It killed a lot of our work time here but it was an awesome experience.  We had to spend a day travelling to get there and a day to get back.  the focus of the zone conference was to make the H.G the senior companion and to sanctify yourself, both of which are things that I would really love at the moment.  It was definitely an inspired meeting.  I learned lots.

Other than that, we went and knocked on doors a lot.  I mean a lot.  We hit the streets for like 5 or 6 hours a day.  So that was pretty good too.  It wasn't raining or anything so we just had fun working.  

Luckily enough, we get to go back to Trondheim again this week too!  We have zone leader training this week.  So another couple days shot due to travel unfortunately.  it is kind of Hard to get work done without being in your proselyting area.  

That is all I have for you right now, so yaaa...

Jeg elsker deg! 

or in Nord Norsk

 Æ elska dæ!

Søna din
Eldste Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment