Monday, October 14, 2013

HAPPY TO BE ENJOYING THE BLESSINGS OF THE LORD

Hei Hei

Well I guess I am not so sure how to start this email... I can't believe that Riley is going home for surgery!  I really don't even know what to say.  We had an Elder leave our mission the day that Elder N arrived arrived in the land.  He had pretty much the same deal, he had a surgery and then recovery and would be returning. I called him and spoke to him briefly before he left for the mission home, but I really can't imagine having that conversation with Riley.  I really don't even know what to say...

There really wasn't a lot to talk about here.  We had a zone conference with president and sister evans.  So that meant that we had all the missionaries here in town for a little bit. We had the missionaries from alta in for all day Thursday, so that meant that we took splits with them.  I went with a new elder from Elder N's group, Elder H. It kind of brought on the realization that I am one of the oldest missionaries.  Then I had my interview with President and he told me that I was one of the older missionaries.  I am one of the 10 oldest missionaries now of a mission of 100.  It will be that way until I leave!  So it is really weird.  

We got a new baptismal date!  So that was pretty cool.  His name is M.  He is from Iran, he has been in Norway for awhile.  We have only taught him a couple times but he is a super sincere guy.  It has been a real blessing to get to teach him these couple of times.  I feel like I learn so much from each person that I come in contact. 

Just about things here in Norway quickly, things are starting to get cold here again.  We are supposed to have the first snow here this week.  It get dark around 6 and light around 6, so we are still moving into the dark times. It is reminding me of when I got here... I hit my 11 month mark today!  So that is a little weird.  It is weird when I say that at the end of this transfer I will be out for an entire year!  I really don't want my mission to end...

It has been a good week.  Happy to be enjoying the blessings of the Lord.  

Jeg elsker deg!

Eldste Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment