Monday, October 21, 2013

Well,

It sounds like it has been somewhat of a heavy week. I am really glad to hear that R will be able to get back in just a short six week transfer!  That is the best thing that could have happened!  I will be keeping him in my prayers for the surgery this week!

But ya, this week here in the field.  We had our first taste of snow! The north of the zone got 3 feet or more.  Here we just got like an inch, and now it is all gone.  So that was a little fun.  It was also negative 9 degrees (I hope he means celsius!) here the other day, so it is starting to get cold too! This meant that I tried to put on my winter coat again and it is way too big!  I didn't realize how much weight until I put that thing on!  I am still sitting around the same weight as I have been, 205.  We eat a lot more here than we did in Narvik, but that is just because we have 4 elders in the apartment so it is a little easier to make larger portions for everyone.  We don't eat with members so much here.  

As far as p-days.  We just play volleyball every p-day here in the gym. So that is pretty much it.  

Other than that things are going well here.  We met with M a couple more times this week and things are still going well with him.  We are trying to help him get a testimony of Christ still since he doesn't have a christian backround, so things really are just moving slowly.  But he is so sincere so we are just really blessed to be able to work with him.  We actually had the chance to go to a church activity this week with him.  We watch Saints and Soldiers, it was way intense!  I have turned into a complete missionary though, because there was one scene where a soldier is sitting there in a basement and he is really troubled and I thought about how much he looked like Joseph Smith when he was in Liberty Jail. The whole movies was just about the gospel... so ja, I am a missionary officially.

But we are already coming up on Transfers soon... so I think that I will be moving soon. But ya when I said I was one of the ten oldest I meant as far as how long I have been in the field, I think there are still a lot of people that are older than me though haha.

That is about it though, Jeg må gå!

Jeg elsker deg!

Eldste Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment