Monday, July 28, 2014


Hey there!

Well, somehow the past week has flown by.  The mission has changed so much!  We had 10 new missionaries show up and 10 missionaries become RMs.  Needless to say, it was a weird week for many, including me.

It is funny that you ask about the terror threat, because it literally hasn't changed anything that we do here.  We go out and work as usual... there is nothing else we can really do!  It was all the other stuff that interrupted the week.

We didn't really have time to be in our area on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Each of those days was filled with memories.

On Tuesday we got to go pick up the new missionaries from the airport!  That was a day filled with Nostalgia.  We watched them come through the gate, and I just remember coming though the gate myself.  (The only difference was they had all of there bags with them!) We got to drive them into the mission home and help them get settled in.  We spent the night with them and had dinner with President and Sister Evans.  Elder Whetten was getting his last moments of missionary out with them.  The poor guy was hurting.

It was really hard to see Whetten, Badger, and Weaver to leave.  They were the people I felt like I knew the best in the mission at this point.  But I learned a lot from it. I had a great day of studies on Friday when things finally slowed down and I just knew that all I had to do was go as hard as I could till the last day of my mission.  If I could do that, I would be happy, both now and when I would come home.  There was a lot more that I learned with my studies that day... but I don't think I can adequately express that, so I am not going to try.

Anyways, Wednesday came and I was super swamped with moves.  I picked up Elder H (my new companion)  in the morning and then we spent the day with the new missionaries, getting them oriented and shipping them out to their different areas. Three of them took the same flight I did to Bergen more than 1.5 years ago.  Finally after our time was done with them we went back to the mission home and had a "burny dinner" with the departing missionaries.  

We then woke up at 4 the next morning and drove the departing missionaries to the airport and put them on a plane home.  That was interesting.  By the end of that day Elder Holden and I were dead.  We fell asleep at 6 that night (with permission) and didn't wake up till the next morning.

Then we got to work in our area.  And we did a lot.  We met with J.A..  He is still not ready for baptism and is starting to give push back in preparing for the date.  So we need more pray and fasting for him.  Hopefully we can get him in the water.

We saw A in the park on Saturday.  He said that his wife's surgery went as expected and she was recovering.  So things went well for them this week!  We got to give them a blessing earlier this week too.  S loved it.

Other than that we got to eat dinner with J on Sunday.  He is doing well and is just so ready for baptism! He was telling us about the spiritual experiences he has had.  It was actually a really powerful meeting.  I loved it.

We also got another baptismal date with a man named C.  So that makes 3 dates for August 30th.  Things are really starting to roll here in Sandvika!  

Anyways, I am going to get out of the office now for a little bit!

Jeg elsker deg!

Eldste Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment