Wednesday, December 26, 2012

BONUS EMAIL FROM CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!


Hei sann! God Jul! (Merry Christmas, pronouced gu yul)
 
Thank you so much for the Packages and all the stuff you got me!  It made my day so awesome!  I love the pajamas and the sweaters and I am wearing one of the new ties right now!  
 
The mtc president is giving all the missionaries some time to email home today! I am so happy that I could send something on Christmas.

We just had a wonderful message from Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve apostles. He spoke about a lot of different things. Mostly it was just counsel for us when we get to the field. I love every time I hear an apostle of the lord speak to me; one can feel the power of there testimony every time.

I have been learning and growing everyday here in the MTC and it seems that the last two weeks have been the best. This week we got two of our current investigators to commit to baptism! I cannot tell you the Joy that fills your soul when a person decides to come unto Christ.

I am so thankful for the blessing it has been to learn more of the Savior here. I love Him so much. He did in reality give His life for each and everyone of us. During this Christmas day think of that. Think of Jesus Christ. Take some time to read out of third Nephi and try to understand the Lord more intimately. I know that he did come to the Americas and that he came so that we would have the Book of Mormon- Another Testament of Jesus Christ. We come closer to him everytime we read it, there is no Book that can do it in the same manner. I have learned of it's divinity through sincere prayer. As promised throughout the Book of Mormon we can know the truth of all things through the power of the holy ghost.

Sincere prayer to invite the Holy Ghost is not easy, nor should it be. The atonement of Jesus Christ was not easy, nor should Salvation be. I ask you to kneel in sincere prayer to the Lord and thank him for what you have in this life. Let the spirit guide you in prayer and let the Lord tell you what to ask for. I have discovered that my prayers are so much more meaningful when I allow the spirit direct them.
 
Choose to share this with others that they might feel the Joy that we have.  Missionary work can only be sucessful if we have members helping.  The investigator, missionary, and member must all want the conversion process to work before it can. 
 
This has been a wonderful Christmas day.  I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas and I hope you can tell everyone hei for me!  I love every letter I get from you so thanks for them!  They are the best.  Let me know how your Christmas goes!
 
Jeg elsker deg mama min!  Jeg hoper at dere skal ha en bra jul! 
 
Vi ses!
 
Din sonn,
Eldste jones

No comments:

Post a Comment