Thursday, December 27, 2012

MY DISTRICT GETS TO GO CLEAN THE TEMPLE TODAY! I AM SO PUMPED, I HAVEN'T WORKED IN THE TEMPLE FOR SO LONG!


Heia!
 
I haven't had a chance to go pick up that dear elder yet!  Today is a busy day!  My district gets to go clean the Provo temple today!  I am so pumped, I haven't worked in the temple for so long!
 
About the boots, I tried my ecco's on that I have now with a pair of big socks and they seem to work fine. They are size 45's.
 
Nothing super cool has happened since Tuesday, but I still love every day here!  We have gotten a lot of snow here, it was so fun to have a white Christmas!  I have continued to study and work hard over the past couple days. 
 
I have been working hard to learn more about the Spirit and how to use it and recognize it.  The thing that I think has helped most is sincere prayer.  It is funny but since I have gotten here prayer has become such an amazing tool to seek guidance and direction.  As we pray more sincerely we gain the influence and compansionship more closely in our lives.  We are telling Heavenly Father that we are ready and willing to do what He wants and we will listen when He tells us to do stuff.  It really is a wonderful thing.
 
Other than that we got to teach the law of Chastity for the first time to our investigators.  That was a fun experience.  It is funny how two 20 year old kids can come as representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ and ask people to do such hard things.  When you think about it this whole concept of missionary work probably doesn't make any sense.  I know that the authority of our Savior Jesus Christ is with us and because of the faith that we have missionaries have the power to do anything that the Lord requires.  This includes asking people to do hard things.  I know that as we do them the people that we teach will be blessed and we will be.  It says that the windows of heaven will open and there will not be room enough to recieve it.  I know this is true of any of God's commandments.
 
I have to go get lunch before going to the temple. 
 
Jeg elsker deg!
 
Din sønn,
Eldste Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment