Monday, March 18, 2013

OUR LIVES WILL BE SO MUCH BETTER AS WE HAVE BETTER AND BETTER PERSONAL STUDIES.

Heisann!

My week was pretty good.  There is a lot to talk about this week. So questions first.  Language is going great, The new batch of missionaries just came in, so it is really cool to see how far I have come in such a short time.  I have tried to keep the journal... but I have been failing.  After zone conference one of my new goals is to be better at using it.  

I am so glad to hear that things are going well back home and that there is so much going on!  The mission calls are so exciting to hear about and I am so pumped to see the growth of the work.  I told R that I think he is going to Mexico.  He is going to be such a good missionary.  

Here is the week though.  Things this week were kinda hecktic.  We had our zone conference in Stavanger on Saturday which meant that we flew there for interviews on Friday.  We stayed the night at the elders place there in Stavanger which meant that we had 14 elders from our zone there.  We then had zone conference all day saturday and then we flew home saturday night.  Our flights were kind of lame though because we ended up going from Stavanger to Oslo and then back to Bergen.  A 20 minute flight turned into a 3 hour excursion.  But it was way fun to get to travel with the district during that time and get to spend some time with the AP's as they traveled back to Oslo as well. They said that they are probably going to come do splits with us again in the next month.  So we are way pumped for that as well.

Zone conference was really good.  It was focused mainly on enjoying the mission and getting the most out of it as you can.  President said that the most effective way to do that will be through personal study.  It is the way to prepare for the day and make the day the best it can be,  I know that that is the case throughout our whole lives. Our lives wil be so much better as we have better and better personal studies.  We have so many materials that can help us as well, Preach my gospel, institute manuals, seminary manuals, gospel doctrine, the words of the prophets in conference and so on...  I know that we all can do better at using these and by so doing can make our lives better.

Other than that it was a slow week.  We didn't really get to teach any lessons and didn't really find anyone through contacting.  It is so weird how the Lord gives us 8 investigators 1 week and then the next two we don't get any.  I am not totally sure what the Lord wants us to do/learn with that right now but we are going to continue working.  

We had X (couple) in Church again on Sunday.  So that was probably a highlight of the week. The english teacher however couldn't make it to church that day so we ended up doing the lesson during 2nd hour.  It went really well and the members here did a really good job of fellowshipping.  A man  invited them for dinner this week.  It is so awesome to see members step up to the plate and really help a investigator feel welcome.  It honestly makes things so much easy for us as misionaries.  

We didn't get to teach X or his wife last week... so that was a major disappointment.  But we have an appointment with them tomorrow.  We will see if they have kept their commitment to read or not.

Other than that we are just trying to plug along and get things done.  The next moves are not till May.  Which means I get to stay in Bergen till at least May!  I am way excited for that.

I am so happy to be a missionry and to get to serve here.  I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for Bergen over the next couple months, I know it is a big work.

I miss you guys so much!  

Jeg elsker deg!

Din søn,
Eldste Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment