Monday, November 11, 2013

I AM SO THANKFUL FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE HERE IN NORWAY AS A SERVANT OF THE LORD.

Heia!
Thanks so much for the video!  That was way cute! She is getting so old, it is so weird!  It sounds like things are still moving along there, it is funny how time never stops!
This week has been super surprising.  Transfers came and it looks like I will be staying here in Trondheim!  I will also be training again!  Elder N will be traveling to Romerike, Elder L will travel to Stavanger, and Elder S will stay here.  My new companion will be Elder J.  I have no idea who he is, but I will be meeting him on Wednesday.  I will be working with Elder S as zone leader.  He will be taking over the position of district leader here in Trondheim though, I will be serving a the senior zone leader now.  So that has been a pretty interesting change!  I thought for sure I was heading into the east and would be working with one of the zone leaders there in the east, luckily I have the opportunity to stay here in Trondheim!  This means that I will be able to gain a perfect Trøndersk dialect!
The topics of dialects here in the mission is kind of weird.  I think I am one of two Americans that are currently speaking dialect.  There are several Norwegians here in the mission that speak dialect but it is really rare to have an American do it.  I don't have it perfect yet, it is still a mixture of the Narvik dialect and the dialect here in Trondheim.  But I am way happy now that I can learn it perfectly!  So that was way good to hear!
The other stuff is going well.  Masoud is doing great!  The baptism is definitely on for Saturday!  We are really bumped that Elder N won't be with us!  But it will be good for Elder J to come into the first week with a baptism.  We went to B's house for dinner with M and went to a couple church activities with him to.
Elder L and I had our Zone Leader training for all of our missionaries this last week as well.  So we had the whole north zone at our apartment on Thursday night after our meeting that day.  It is really weird to have these kind of meetings be under my direction now. It is good though to learn and grow in that capacity!  I feel like I learn so much every single time about being a leader and about how the Lord helps qualify you to be a leader.  He has helped me so much, it really is the most amazing experience to just see him take over your lesson or meeting and teach the things that the people need.  I really am so blessed to be his servant here in Trondheim.
It is really weird to be hitting my year mark this week, I am not really sure what to think.  I can't believe that I will be on the down slope of the experience here.  It is even weirder because Elder D is leaving for home the same day!  So yep, things once again are changing here in the mission.
As far as the recorder goes I would love to have one.  That would help a lot with learning the dialect here to.  Unfortunately the next moves will be December 20, so if you want to send a package and get it to me before Christmas it would probably be best before that day!  Other than that I would love some socks!  Just normal dress ones would be great!  Other than that I am doing great.  I got a new winter coat, but I am wondering if you want me to send the old ones back home? Let me know!
I am so thankful for the opportunity to be here in Norway as the a servant of the Lord.  I have been given a great opportunity to succeed, learn and grow!  I have loved Jacob 5 recently.  It really teaches us about faith and our potential on a personal level.  I have realized that it teaches us that we can be bearing good fruit no matter where we are planted; whether it is good ground, poor ground, or the worst ground.  The lord gives us all the equal nourishment.  That means that we are the ones that decide if we are going to take what we are given and succeed or not. 
Also maybe a little more of a general note, the last thing the lord does before he says the harvest is done is he calls for servants in the field!  I think we are seeing that come into fulfillment here as we speak! 
The church is true!
Jeg elsker deg!
Eldste Jones



No comments:

Post a Comment