Monday, November 25, 2013

LIFE IS SO GREAT, I AM LEARNING TO LOVE LIFE MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY. NOT TO MENTION I AM LEARNING TO LOVE LEARNING. I DON'T THINK THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED BEFORE.

heia!

Well hello again from trondheim!  This week has gone so fast but it was so nice to hear from you!

I am way bummed that I am missing thanksgiving, but it is not all lost. The senior mission couple here in the ward from Utah are putting on an activity for the ward which will involve thanksgiving dinner.  So at least I get some turkey!

The Holidays are really crazy here.  They have starting bringing out the Chirstmas soda (Jule Brus) and the ginger cookies (pepperkaker) which only come out in the stores during the Christmas season.  they do all of the unpacking of gifts and stuff on christmas eve here and all of there main traditions on christmas eve.  I have never experienced it though, so we will just have to wait and see.

Things are changing like crazy here, we had a ton of snow, like a foot and a half.  It is only light from like 9 to 3 right now.  We aren't even in the middle of it yet either. 

This past week has been crazy!  The work has exploded here in the North!  We have 11 baptismal dates in our zone and we have 8 of them in our district!  So we have just been so blessed here.  The elders have 3 dates, we have one, the sisters in trondheim have one, and then the sisters in Ålesund have 3 as well!  

Our new guy that we are working with is from the Bergen area and just has the most legit bergensk dialect out there.  I feel like I am back in bergen ever time I am with him.  We met him last week on the street and we have now taught him twice.  He really likes the message of the restoration.   So we are working toward a baptismal date of January 25th!  So hopefully we can move forward and help him come forward with his faith.

Other than that we had a crazy beach party activity with the youth in which we had 16 non members there!  We only had like 7 members there to, so it was just a missionaries heaven.  The work has such potential here and everywhere in the world.  I think it is just the coolest thing to get to be a part of it.  M and S are both getting a lot of attention and love here.  But of course that is never enough.  S now has a calling with the young men as a teacher and M is working on the sacrament.

Life is so great, I am learning to love life more and more every day.  Not to mention I am learning to love learning.  I don't think that has ever happened before haha.  But life is great.  Got to love it.

Jeg elsker deg!

Eldste Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment