Monday, November 18, 2013

IT WAS JUST A TON OF SMALL MIRACLES ON A DAILY BASIS FOR US. THE LORD HAS BEEN SO ACTIVE IN OUR WORK, AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN. WE JUST HAVE TO CHOOSE TO WORK WITH HIM.

Heia!  Så fint å høre fra dere!

So good to hear about things back there!  I am so happy to hear that things are going well and that people are growing!

Det har vært en kjempe uke har!  Ya its been a crazy good week here in Trondheim.  M got baptized and confirmed!  It is so great!  We have been so blessed here!

So yep, it is hard to really write all about the baptism, we had a good number of people there, maybe about 30 or so. It was about the same number as S's (Dallin's first baptism a couple months ago) baptism actually.  It was pretty cool though because I had S as a witness to the baptism of M!  That was just crazy to see him taking part in the salvation of others already!  So that was amazing.  Everyone was so awesome and it really was just a nice, smooth service.  No real problems or events.  So I was very happy!  

It did however take a lot to plan out and stuff.  We worked on the program forever trying to get people to do stuff and to involve the ward in the best way possible.  So there were many stressful telephone calls made trying to get people involved, but it worked out in the end.  

Other than that we had Elder J that came into the land!  He is from Utah.  He is 18 and is looking like he is going to be a great elder.  He has been really blessed with the language and will progress very quickly I believe.  So I am way excited to be working with him.  It will be very easy to work with him! 

It was weird to see the other Elders go, definitely weird to get the responsibility of the zone on my shoulders too.  But that only lasted a couple hours until elder S got here.  I am way excited to work him as well.  He is a great missionary and I am privileged to get to work with him in this calling.  He is going to really change the look of the zone!  

I think that we have some exciting times ahead of us.  We are going to have 6 weeks that we are going to be pushing for a lot of baptisms in the the zone.  So I am really excited to see the lord work in our lives.

Other than that we had some good moments out on the streets with people.  I think I had the best contact ever the other night when I had a man thinking I was actually from norway!  I asked him how long he had been in trondheim and then he asked me where I came from.  He thought I was Norwegian!  I asked him to guess after I told him I wasn't from here and he couldn't guess at all where I was from.  So that was a pretty good high point for my language!  It has happened a couple times before but I have never really convinced someone that I was norwegian.  So that was way sick!  I feel a little bad though because I am confusing Elder J
a little bit with the dialect. He is doing good with it though.

Other than that it was just a ton of small miracles on a daily basis for us.  The Lord has been so active in our work, and always has been.  We just have to choose to work with him.  It was a great week, probably the best on the mission thus far.  So hopefully the trend continues!  Some might say that is downhill because I am over the year mark but I guess I would say that I am only looking upward!  

I really love everything about the mission and life.  We are blessed to be a part of this wonderful plan, no matter what is happening here and now!

Jeg elsker deg!

Din sønn,
Eldste Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment