Monday, December 16, 2013

I AM STUDYING THE FOUR GOSPELS AND 3RD NEPHI, REALLY THE RECORDS OF CHRIST'S MINISTRY. IT HAS BEEN AWESOME GROWING CLOSER TO HIM BY DOING THAT!

Hello again!

Well this has been one of the craziest weeks we have had here in Trondheim and one of the craziest I have had on the mission!

First off, it was ZLT this week.  Fortunately for us we had president and sister evans who were here for it so that meant that I didn't have to give the meeting, I just conducted!  So that was a huge relief for me.  Unfortunately that same day we had a hurricane come through Trondheim that night! So the airport was closed and we had 20 missionaries that were stuck here in Trondheim.  So after a lot of phone calls we found out that president had a hotel room but all of the Elders and sisters did not.  The missionaries that belonged in Trondheim were confined to the church because the police put out a warning to stay indoors and all of the buses stopped running.  So luckily the Elders and sisters at the airport got some transportation to the church and joined the rest of us here.  I set up the projector in the Chapel and we all settled in to watch our favorite and only disney movie, Monsters Inc.  Luckily the storm blew through pretty quickly and we were able to move to our apartment before the night was over.  We slept all 18 elders there!

So that was an adventure to say the least.  Some of the unfortunate elders in the North didn't get home for a couple days haha!  But that describes the weather up in the North perfectly!

The chaos continued as we prepared for a baptism on Saturday.  The Elders baptized a man named T. The other three converts that have been baptized this year all took part in the Ordinance, as either the one baptizing or one of the witnesses!  I will forward a picture of it later.  It was definitely a spiritual moment for us missionaries!

The craziness continued on Sunday for our christmas concert that we had.  you have already seen the video so that speaks for itself.  I also sang with the choir for two other songs. So that was a pretty interesting night.  Lots of fun!

The rest of the week was spent running around trying to prep for all of these things.  That was a welcome change because Norway is beginning to shut down.  Christmas is a 4 day event here.  They have little christmas eve (23rd), Christmas eve (24th), Christmas Day (25th), and the second day of Chrismas (26th).  So yeah.  People shut and lock their doors, shops close down, and nothing happens for at least those days.  most people will leave the cities to and go out to their cabins, which means that our city will literally be a ghost town.

Our investigators are becoming really hard to meet with to because of Christmas, so not much has changed with them. Unfortunately we only met with A.  He made some huge improvements though in the last week. He is looking great for baptism in January!  We have found out that M and I are not married yet, but we haven't taught chastity yet either.  So that is probably coming this next week.  So there should be a lot of growth for everyone this next week!

Finally to try and answer some of the questions.  Transfers are on the 3rd of January.  I just had my interview at ZLT and president didn't give any indication of me leaving but gave me a long list of others that will be. So I think that I will stay.  We have a mini moves this week to as we have an assistant that will be traveling home, so one missionary should be moving as a result of that.  Not sure who it is that will be moving though.

i did get the package.  I am waiting to open all of the presents as they are currently sitting under the christmas tree!  I am plenty warm here.  I got a new coat and it has been surprisingly warm.

I think I just like learning in general now.  It is fun to have new information and things to use in life.  So I like the process of learning now I would say!  I am currently studying the four gospels and 3rd nephi.  really the records of christ's ministry.  It has been awesome growing closer to him by doing that!

Other than that I don't think that I have anything else.

Jeg elsker deg!
Eldste Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment