Monday, April 21, 2014

Hey there!  

Happy Easter!  It was definitely a memorable one here!  We had just miracle after miracle this week!

I will try and answer your questions here before I tell about the week.  The first week was insane.  I have never worked so hard, nor gotten so much done in a week before.  I am afraid that this week is going to get busier and better!  

Elder Wh is from Alpine, Utah.  He came out 5 months before me, so he goes home in July. He went to Lonepeak and graduated the same year as me.  Needless to say, we are working great together and having a blast.

I would love to describe a typical day here, but that is just not possible.  It is never the same.  We are in and out of the office all the time, driving all over the place and cramming in our missionary work whenever we can.  So there really is no pattern.  it is to the point that most of the studies get ruined everyday.   But I have started keeping my journal on a word doc, so maybe you can read that and get a better idea of what it is like.  

I will try and share some quick stories or lessons that I have learned this week.  The week started off really intense.  We had a hard week in the mission the week before and we knew we had to turn it around.  It was easter though!  In Norway that means that every single person in the country leaves there normal home and goes on vacations.  You drive the streets and you feel like you are in a ghost town. With this in mind we knew that we could show faith and try really hard. That is what we did!

We knocked a ton of doors, went on splits with the zone leaders, the district leaders and got our office work done as fast as we could.  This lead to miracles everyday!  We literally taught every single day of the week.  We found families that were home, even through the holiday, and really had the best week the assistants have had the whole year!  I would try and describe it better but that would be really difficult.  

So at the end of the week I have learned some huge spiritual lessons.  I have learned to expect miracles.  I no longer have to hope that the Lord will provide us something, but I know that He will.  He has done it countless times this week.  I have learned that He will support me in my calling.  I went on splits with missionaries that were older and more experienced than me, missionaries that I didn't feel I could really help, but as I did so the Lord magnified me such that I could help them and their areas!  I have learned what it means to really be consecrated, that it does not matter where you have been, but rather what you are becoming.  

There were many more lessons to be learned and shared, but I don't have time to share really.  We have to run to Oslo to help the sisters there today.  We have to then get back and do more stuff here before appointments that we have tonight.

This week will be filled with buying plane tickets for moves next week.  Elder Wh and I have a lot to do.  On top of that we have a couple of investigators with baptismal dates and others that should have them. So we have to make sure these people get into the water!

There is a lot more I could say, but I have to go!  

Jeg elsker deg!
Eldste Jones

Missionaries are still forgetful boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment