Monday, September 22, 2014

SUPER SOLID!

Heia!

Well, yep.  I CANT BELIEVE ANOTHER WEEK HAS GONE BY!  It is just absolutely crazy.  It is actually really starting to stress me out that my time is just going.  I really don't like it at all.

I guess that is alright because I am just super preoccupied with all of the amazing things that are going on around me.  We had another week just full of experiences.  

We started our week of in Drammen on splits with the Zone leaders.  Elder S and Elder Ha are just incredible.  They are two of the most dedicated and awesome missionaries I know. Because of that we just had the most unbelievable day.  We spent the majority of the day just teaching people.  We actually taught 10 times! That is more than most people get in a whole week!  It really was just one miracle after another.  I felt super blessed.  I can't wait to hear how it goes with the people that we met!  Anyways, so that was just the best start we have had to a week in a long time.  I just love getting to work as a missionary!

After that Elder H and I came back to our area and had some serious fire.  We just started finding people.  So we had a super solid week in our area as well.  We had a super solid teach with J A and a Member.  The member just bore the most solid testimony that really brought the spirit into the room.  He invited J A in the most sincere way to really consider baptism.  It was really just cool to see how the Gospel actually influenced this man both in that moment and in his life over all.  It might have been one of the most powerful moments on my mission.

So the time spent in our area was super quality.  It has made me jealous of the missionaries that can just focus on pure missionary work.  I really am going to miss just going and sharing the gospel with anyone and everyone.  

Elder H and I usually just turn to each other at random times during the day and say something to the effect of, "I love being a missionary!"  I really do.

Elder H was calling through the phone earlier this week and he got us an appointment with these two Norwegian kids.  Their names were O and H.  They came and met us at the church and we had a super good teach with both of them.  They loved hearing about a living Prophet and got super excited that they could hear him speak in a couple weeks.  I love seeing other people get excited about that, especially for the first time ever hearing about such a thing. So that was another major success this week.

We had dinner with an American family. They had a ton of Root beer lined up for us when we got there.  I haven't had a root beer in two years.  That was just amazing... The experience of being in an American home made me miss home a lot though.  I realized that there really are a lot of differences between an american and norwegian home.  They are super subtle though.  Not sure I can really descibe it, but I really missed america at that point.

Time for questions.  The transfer happens on Oct. 15.  So we have 11 sisters going and 11 sisters coming.  We have 5 elders coming in.  We have lost elders in the past couple of months but haven't gotten any in a while, so those elders where needed.  The only Elders left to leave this year are Elder Ellsworth and me.  So yep.  That is the picture for that transfer.  We will get a couple more Elders to replace Ellsworth and me when we go and a couple more sisters for the replacements for the sisters that come home with us.  So it will be a busy month or two in the mission home.

Anyways, that is about it. We are going to help J A with his house today. We have dinner with Christian tonight!  I will be sure to thank him for you about the article.  He is the one that does the translating for general conference.  He is a boss missionary and just one of the best people I know in Norway.  Straight stud.

Jeg elsker deg!

Eldste Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment