Monday, March 24, 2014

heia!
Another busy week flown by here in Oslo.  I can't believe that I have been here for almost 3 months now!  That is also way crazy to hear about Nate, Darcy, and Jenna.  Things never stop changing back there!  Also, I am way jealous that you get to see Jennifer Nettles too, that sounds awesome!
I will take the questions first though.  Member dinners here in Oslo are pretty solid. I get fed like 2 a week or so.  That is obviously way more than when I was in Narvik. It is also a lot more than when I was in Trondheim.  Not quite sure why that is. 
I guess you could say that there are a lot of philipinos.  There is usually at least one family in each big ward, sometimes more than that.  So we get a lot of philipino experiences here in Norway haha.  I am not sure if there is a large percentage though here in Norway as a whole though.  I would say no.  There are a lot more immigrants from the middle east and eastern Europe.

I talked to president about my date.  He said that the official date in the system is November 11th. But that is subject to change, and most likely will be changed based on transfers.  Because of the transition from 9 to 6 week transfers lots of the missionaries have scheduled date to go home during a trasfer.  At least the older missionaries do.  I am the last of the nine week transfers, so that is why mine falls in the middle too. So, that is why I don't have a for sure date.

Anyways, the past week has been pretty crazy.  It was moves.  So that meant that we got a whole new district and a lot of new missionaries in the zone.  There was a lot of stuff to transition over from Sisters to Elders and lots of stuff to get going in the zone.  Elder W and I spent a lot of time focusing this week on the zone and trying to get everything running. 
But things went pretty well for us.  We got to start working with a family that moved to Oslo from Drammen.  Their names are I and A, and they are from Greece. They haven't been in norway to long and only speak a little bit of Norwegian.  But they had been taught by the missionaries in Drammen for a long time and just love the Church.  They had the opportunity of coming to church on sunday and were there for all three hours!  It was just awesome!
Other than that we continued working with some of our previous investigators. Lots of them have more or less the same obstacle.  They feel like The Book of Mormon is true, but don't connect the dots that they should then move forward in faith.  So they are content reading and praying and meeting with us but struggle to come to church or commit to a date for baptism.  So Elder W and I have to figure out how to help these people connect the dots that they have. 
I think that is what we all have to do though.  We all have to connect the dots and try do it over and over and over again.  This is what the gospel is, it is the means to bring us back to our Heavenly Father.  It is the way that we can come closer to Him.  So as we ''connect the dots'' we bring ourselves closer to the Father.

Anyways, so that is this week then, connecting the dots.  Last week there was not a whole lot of stories to share.  Just a lot of work.
This week we are going to have zone conference. That will actually be tomorrow.  So that means that we are going to have all of the missionaries in our zone and in the telemark zone here in Oslo.  I will get to see Elder E and many other familiar faces!  So I am pretty excited for that.
It should be a good week!
Jeg elsker deg så mye!
Eldste Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment