Monday, March 10, 2014

I CAN FEEL A CHANGE IN ME EACH DAY AS I FOCUS ON THE SAVIOUR AND HIS ATONING SACRIFICE.

Hey there!
Well another week has definitely flown by! I have to say first that I am way jealous of you guys!  It sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend up there in Vegas!  I totally wish I could have come to the concert and stuff.  That is way sad to hear about the boat though... I will miss that thing!
The past week for me has been pretty average.  We unfortunately didn't have a whole lot of lessons, and we did not get to meet with A either.  We still got to meet with M though.  He is doing good, however, he got sick and could not make it to Church on Sunday so we had to drop his baptismal date.  It looks like we are meeting with him tonight though so we should have hope of recovering it tonight.  We are planning to show him a baptismal calendar and giving him a little more accountability for the process.  Hopefully it works!
Other than that we had MLC [Mission Leadership Conference] on Wednesday.  It was weird going there as well, most of the familiar faces are now gone.  I am quickly becoming one of the old ones in the room.  I am not sure I like it...  Sister Evans made us this really good Taco salad while we were there and I was just dying!  It really does feel like home every time we get to go to the mission home!  It is equally sad to leave from there to!
We had a member dinner with a family here in the ward.  They are both from the philippines and have lived here for only a couple years.  Anyways, they fed us a normal philipino dinner like always, but afterward they followed up with a native delicacy, Balut. 
I am really happy to be serving here and helping the people around me.  I know that this work is true and that it really does change lives!  I can feel a change in me each day as I focus on the Saviour and His atoning sacrifice.  This is His church I am am happy to be a part of it!
Anyways,  I don't really have a whole lot else from the week. On Sunday we have moves call again.  So that is always a day to look forward to.  We should have a lot of change here in Oslo, so I am excited to see who is coming!
I hope you have a great week!
Jeg elsker deg!
Eldste Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment