Monday, June 16, 2014

IT WAS A GREAT TESTIMONY TO ME THAT MEMBERS NEED NOT BE AFRAID TO INVITE PEOPLE TO HEAR THE GOSPEL...JUST NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE AND GIVE A SIMPLE INVITATION.

Heia!


I had another interesting food experience that rivals the previous one.  This one is called asida.  It is a dish that comes from Sudan.  All it is is a ton of flour that is mixed with tasteless natural yogurt. It turns out to be an awful paste that you have to eat.  The taste isn't horrible, but the consistency is.  I think I gagged the entire meal.  The worst part was that we had to eat the whole thing!  So there was no stopping early.  The investigators just made us keep eating... Somehow we made it.

I got to go on splits with Elder E (MTC companion)!  It took like 1.5 years but we finally did it!  It was super sweet actually. We had such a good splits experience.  We worked super hard and we got to finally catch up. It is funny though, you can see the growth in each other so well!  I was truly blessed to have such a good companion to start.  While I was there on splits I got to go back to the T family's house.  They fed all the missionaries their delicacy again.  I got to say no thank you this time!  So that was a blessing too.  But I literally felt like I was back serving in Oslo.

We didn't really get to work with our investigators this week.  R missed our last couple appointments and then went on vacation for a while.  So we won't work with him for a while.  We never did get to meet with the family from Brazil.  They were busy all week and we were to.  So it was a super slow week with the investigators actually.

We did 2 really cool teaches though.  The first was with a woman that is named K.  She was a referral from a member through Mormon.org.  J, a member from the united states, sat next to K on a plane here in Europe.  So they talked and J got K's info and sent it to us through mormon.org. She said that K would love a visit.  We went to K's house and knocked on the door.  A girl answered and we told her that we were looking for a woman named K.  We heard a voice from the the house that said, let them in!  So we walked in and found K at the kitchen table.  We were introduced to the family and we started to teach them!  It was a great teach and we were invited to come back for dinner! 
.
It was a great testimony to me that members need not be afraid to invite people to hear the gospel.  They don't need a super deep relationship with someone, they just need to show some love and then give a simple invitation.  I am being super blessed because of that.  

Another good experience was one we had by our own efforts.  We met a dude from Mylasia.  His name is B.  We taught him on a park bench and were able to answer his questions about the atonement.  It was a spiritual experience for me to see someones testimony strengthened.  We get to meet with him again to.

I got to get going though.  I have to go get some stuff ready for this week.  We are traveling out to Stavanger for Zone conferences now.  This week we are in Stavanger, next week we are in Trondheim and Oslo.  So there will be some traveling.  I will be traveling early on Monday morning next week, so my email will probably be a little shorter.  Just an FYI.  

Jeg elsker deg så mye!

Eldste Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment