Sunday, June 8, 2014

I AM SO THANKFUL FOR OUR HEAVENLY FATHER THAT LISTENS AND RESPONDS TO PRAYERS. I AM THANKFUL THAT I AM WORTHY ENOUGH TO BE USED BY HIM TO ANSWER THE PRAYERS OF OTHERS. A AM THANKFUL THAT HE SEES FIT TO INCLUDE ME IN THAT WAY.

Heia!

Well I think the sprint with moves is finally over!  It has been a crazy two weeks!  I don't know if I could really describe to you everything that has gone on, nor do I do think that I remember it all.  There has been so much thought that has been just awesome!

First our area has just exploded!  When moves happened we absorbed the Elders area into our own, so that meant that we cover twice as much stuff. We already had a super busy area with just the stuff we had going on too!  So that being said we are having a ton of great experiences.

We got to teach our Brazilian family again! They are doing great.  They unfortunately have a ton of travel plans as we are coming through the summer but they are just so sincere.  We were able to share with them the plan of salvation last time.  They just loved everything about it.  They had never thought to give it so much though before but you could tell that really enjoyed the opportunity to learn.  We had an amazing prayer with them afterwards as well, just an amazing spirit.

We had some harder experiences throughout the week as well.  One of our Golden investigators ran into Anti material and we lost her... That was so sad!  She told us that she believed that we were sent to her from God!  I had a hard time with that one.  It was a good experience though to pray about it later and receive a answer from the Lord that I had done everything I could to help her.  That will be a memory I will always remember.

Other than that we have been working with a guy named S.  I can't remember if I have told you much about him or not.  Elder W and I found him on splits.  He has been a former substance abuser and is now recovering.  The last things that stand in his way are Smoking and drinking.  He has gone down from smoking a pack a day to only about 3 cigarettes a day.  You can tell his life is changing to. He is becoming more and more with it.  You can tell there has been a change in him.  Unfortunately he has not come to church yet, but he is making some slow and steady progress.

Last week I wished Elder L goodbye.  He left for England on Tuesday.  I now have Elder W and Elder B living with me too.  They leave in a short 7 weeks.  Then I will be the one of the last Elders Standing.  It is way trippy to think about actually.

Other than that we have had a ton of other stuff to do.  We had to re-evaluate apartments and living situations.  I am working on scheduling international travel for our senior couples for a YSA conference they are going to.  We have a crazy move that will happen when Elders Wh, W, and B leave.  We have zone conferences that are happening this month, which means plane flights for the entire mission. The list goes on actually...

I cannot say how happy I am though!  I am growing more and more, again! Maybe one day I will have an adequate skill level to really describe what the mission is like, but not yet at least!

One thing I have been thinking a lot about recently is prayer.  I am so thankful for our Heavenly Father that listens and responds to Prayers.  I am thankful that I am worthy enough to be used by him to answer the prayers of others.  I am thankful that he sees fit to include me in that way.  I know that he answers prayers because he loves each and every one of us!

Anyways, I can't really get everything in here... so I think that does it!

Jeg elsker deg så mye!

Din sønn!
Eldste Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment