Monday, October 6, 2014

IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO HAVE DIRECTION AND MEANING IN LIFE. WITHOUT THOSE WE JUST SITTING DUCKS!!

Mom Note:  He's down to 5 ½ weeks and for the first time he didn't get my email.  I sent it to his home email address accidentally.  So when I woke up this morning and checked my e-mail my day was already ruined.  This is what he said.

I never got an email from you this week... I hope you are doing okay!  This past week was awesome. Lots of good stuff happened.  I guess I can just attach the email that I am sending to Dad though.  Let me know if I can do anything for you!  I love you so much!

Your son,
Dallin

letter to Dad....

heia!

This past week was just like all of the other ones on the mission, insane.  We had a lot of stuff to do.  On top of it all it was general conference.  That was sweet!

The week started off great.  We had MLC early in the week and it was Elder H's turn to conduct.  He did a great job and MLC was just a great experience all around. We talked alot about member work and the stuff we need to do to get going on it here in Norway.  It seems that there is always more to do on that front!  Anways, it was a great meeting and a lot came out of it.  I have one more while I am here on the mission.  That should be an interesting to be there for that.

Anyways, after that we had Splits with the missionaries in Oslo.  I got to work with Elder G while I was there.  It was fun to be there and work for a little bit.  I was remembering being there with Elder B what seems like an eternity ago.  Anyways, I found out while I was there that they got a baptismal date with a man that Elder W and I found while we were together.  So it was nice to hear that I am still helping out down there in some small way!

After that Elder H and I had a couple of days in our area.  We unfortunately had to start working moves which will be happening next week.  So that is when I will be starting on road.  We have 16 new missionaries coming in and 11 sisters leaving next week, so we have a lot of work to get ready for them when they arrive.  So this week will be buying flights and trains and organizing plans for all of that.  

The weekend was awesome, as expected!  We got to watch all of conference here in Sandvika.  It was amazing to hear the prophets and apostles speak and get their messages.  I think my favorite was actually President Monson's about the Bismark.  I thought it was great imagery for us to understand why it is so important to have direction and meaning in life.  Without those we are just sitting ducks!  

I thought all of the talks really just helped me to realize how I could be successful in life, in both Spiritual and temporal things. It makes me excited to think about it, but at the same time very anxious to know that I have to leave here.  That is life though haha!

The birthday was awesome.  Elder H treated me to all you can eat pizza and we enjoyed a nice man date haha.  Sister Allen made me Texas Sheet cake and Sister evans made me this bananna cake that was also just amazing!  I loved every second of it.  

Really though I feel like I am coming into my time to shine. I am going full court press and just going for Gold.  I have my last week in my own proselyting area now and I am just prepared to get at it!  I love being a missionary so much!  I really can't imagine doing anything else.

Thanks again for everything you guys do for me! It means a lot! I love you guys and I love this work! 

Anyways, I love you a ton!

Elder Jones


After I realized why he didn't get my email, I forwarded it to him hoping he checks his email during the week at the office.  Just a few minutes ago, I got this from him:

Just got your email!  Thanks a ton!  I love you so much!

Dallin

Also, totally got your package.  It was awesome and everything that I could have wanted.  thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment